What are Restaurant Hoppers?
The Vegetarian Society Restaurant Hoppers are just a group of people getting together for dinner. They are open to all (not just members). There are no agendas and no speakers, just friendship, nice conversation, and an opportunity to explore vegan and vegetarian options at our local restaurants.
From Your Coordinator: Message for all Restaurant Hopper Attendees: PLEASE READ
So far the hopper events have been a real success. They are well attended and enjoyed. I am happy that participation is up. However, I want to express the importance of showing up and showing up on time when you have made a reservation. This is especially important for those restaurants that are small or very busy on a Saturday night. The restaurants lose money if they reserve tables for us that are not occupied by our group. This also delays ordering as those who have already arrived continue to wait for those that have not and/or those not planning to show up. Those restaurants are then less likely to make a reservation for us on a Saturday night and thus limit our restaurant choices. Please also remember that you must have a reservation to be seated with the group as going over the head count may also cause an inconvenience for the restaurant. If you are making a reservation on the day of the deadline, please call, do not email me. I may not have a chance to be at my computer at the time I need to make the reservation, and you may get left out.
Another thing: Please order only vegetarian options. This helps newcomers see what vegetarians eat and the options that are available. Also, always make sure everything has been included in your tab and leave an adequate gratuity. Some restaurants automatically add the gratuity for a larger group – ask if you are unsure. Please be courteous to restaurant staff and other patrons. Finally, if you are unhappy with the service, let the Hopper coordinator know. If you are happy with the service, let the restaurant know! Enjoy! Thank you for your cooperation and continue enjoying our VSEP Hoppers!
~ Laura White, your event coordinator
Restaurant Hopper Courtesy Rules
- Please order only vegetarian or vegan items.
- Please make a reservation by the deadline if you would like to be seated with the group.
- If you make a reservation, please be there and please show up on time.
- If you are reserving on the day of the deadline, or cancelling the day of the hopper, please call or text Laura (do not email, in case she is not near her computer).
- Do not forget to leave an adequate gratuity. We always want to be welcomed back.
- If you are happy with the restaurant, let the restaurant know. If you are not happy, please let Laura know.
- Last, but not least: Enjoy!!!