Why Join? There are many benefits including:
- Reading library (fully refundable deposit required)
- Fun activities such as quarterly dinners and potlucks
- Cooking classes
- Discounts on most Vegetarian Society sponsored events
- Nationally and Internationally known speakers
- Opportunities to meet new friends
- Learn to live a healthy and compassionate lifestyle with the support of others
- Members in good standing receive a FREE subscription to VegNews Magazine; 6 issues a year filled with up-to-date information on living a compassionate and healthy lifestyle (Excludes Full Time Student Membership. Full Time students can take advantage of a special discounted subscription rate of just $5/year, added to the yearly cost of their membership).
Read VSEP comments about VegNews Magazine!
Wanted: Furry Four-Legged VSEP Members!
Members of the VSEP share many things in common, not the least of which is a love for cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, goats, rabbits, ducks, and all other creatures that too much of the world thinks of as food rather than friend. Therefore, in the interest of inter-species support, we have opened membership in the VSEP to four-legged furry friends as well as the two-legged furless kind.
For the nominal fee of $10 for an annual membership or $50 (one time) for a lifetime membership, your favorite pooch, pussycat, pirahna (yes, yes, we know, no legs, no fur, but that’s not the point) can become an honorary member of the Vegetarian Society of El Paso. We will include the story of your companion as well as a photo in the Four Legged Corner section of our website, and a special gift for the new member. Help your animals help other animals! Let Fuzzy and Fido join the VSEP today! (You know they want to.)
Annual Membership dues are very reasonable!
- Full Time Student – $10 (not eligible for Veg News offer)
- Full Time Student – $15 (includes Veg News offer)
- Low Income Senior – $15
- Individual – $20
- Family – $35
- Supporter – $50
- Sponsor – $75
- Individual Lifetime – $175 (one time only)
- Family Lifetime – $250 (one time only)
- Four-legged Furry Friend membership – $10
- Four-legged Furry Friend Lifetime membership – $50
For more information, please contact Sukie Sargent during working hours (9:00 to 11:00 a. m and 1:00 to 5:00) at 915-877-3030.
There are numerous ways you can support the Vegetarian Society of El Paso . . .
The Vegetarian Society of El Paso (VSEP) is a non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. As such, we do not make any money from our events or membership fees. These go to help pay for the costs associated with running our organization. Therefore, donations are most gratefully appreciated. Donations can be financial, or materials such as paper, office supplies, discounts on merchandise, or even space for events. If you would like to make a tax-deductable donation, please contact Sukie Sargent during working hours (9:00 to 11:00 a. m and 1:00 to 5:00) at 915-877-3030.
Be a Volunteer by donating your time and talents!
The Vegetarian Society of El Paso is run entirely by volunteers.
Can you contribute in any of the following ways?
Event Setup or Cleanup
Tabling at events
Assistant Treasurer of Book Sales
Newsletter Technical Consultant
Financial support beyond dues
Running for Office
Vegan Cooking Demonstrations and Vegan Nutrition Classes
Promotion/Advertising Event Setup or Cleanup
Become part of one of the best vegetarian societies in the country and help us make it THE BEST.
Please check our Leadership page for current vacant positions.
If you have the skills and the energy to volunteer, please contact Kristi Hines at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sukie Sargent at (915) 877-3030.