Calendar of Events
►Saturday, April 5, 2014: Earth Day Vegan Bake Sale from 10 a.m-3 p.m.
• City Municipal Service Center, 7968 San Paulo Dr.
• Volunteer by baking, staffing the table, or simply stopping by to purchase a delicious goodie.
• Baked goods must be individually wrapped with ingredients clearly labeled and completely vegan (refer to guidelines on page 6). Donate an entire cake/loaf or individually wrapped slices, cookies, cupcakes, etc.
• Based on feedback, people would like to see more healthy options, as well as sugar-free and gluten-free items.
• For more info or to volunteer, contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org or Greg at email@example.com
• Proceeds will be used to promote our new annual best of Veg El Paso Awards.
►Friday, April 18, 2014: Restaurant Hopper at Opus World Bistro
7128 N. Mesa, Ste. C-9, 915-587-7788 (Price: $6-$10)
• 6 p.m. meet and greet, order dinner at 6:30 pm
• Reservations: Please call or text Liz at (915) 342-7630 or email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline: no later than 12 p.m. on April 17.
• We can no longer accept late reservations under any circumstances. If you have reserved & cannot make it, please call no later than noon on the day of the Hopper so she can call the restaurant.
• Please refer to guidelines.
►Saturday, May 10, 2014: Spring Dinner w/Guest Speaker
Nick Cooney @ Sunland Park Holiday Inn, 900 Sunland Park Dr.
• 6 pm meet and greet, eat at 6:30 pm
• Cost: $18 members & students w/ID; $20 nonmembers; $10 children under 12 years of age
• Paid reservations are due Tuesday, May 6
• Reserve your space & pay online with a credit card or PayPal.
• OR email email@example.com OR call 915-799-0349. Make check or money orders payable to VSEP & mail to: VSEP, 4903 Love Rd., El Paso, TX 79922
►Friday, May 23, 2014: Vegan Drinks Meetup @ 6 pm
Bowie Feathers/Hello Day Cafe, 209 E. El Paso St.
Vegan Drinks is a social networking event that started in New York City and has spread throughout the nation. It’s for people interested in promoting veganism and advocating for animal rights. Vegan Drinks’ mission is to bring together a diverse group of people—from cupcake aficionados to animal lawyers to vegans of all stripes in between—to build new coalitions and promote the sharing of resources.
• Meet upstairs at Bowie Feathers Bar (downtown) for drinks from 6-8 pm (or later).
• Food from Hello Day Café can be ordered from the bar. Hello Day won 8 categories in our first annual Best of Veg El Paso Awards.
• You are welcome to promote your organization or business and bring literature as long as it is related to vegan issues.
• For more info on the nationwide initiative, visit vegandrinks.org
• For more info on Vegan Drinks El Paso, contact Lisa Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org