Calendar of Events
►Saturday, May 10, 2014: Spring Dinner w/Guest Speaker
Nick Cooney @ Sunland Park Holiday Inn, 900 Sunland Park Dr.
• 6 pm meet and greet, eat at 6:30 pm
• Cost: $18 members & students w/ID; $20 nonmembers; $10 children under 12 years of age
• Paid reservations are due Tuesday, May 6
• Reserve your space & pay online with a credit card or PayPal.
• OR email email@example.com OR call 915-799-0349. Make check or money orders payable to VSEP & mail to: VSEP, 4903 Love Rd., El Paso, TX 79922
►Friday, May 23, 2014: Vegan Drinks Meetup @ 6 pm
Bowie Feathers/Hello Day Cafe, 209 E. El Paso St.
Vegan Drinks is a social networking event that started in New York City and has spread throughout the nation. It’s for people interested in promoting veganism and advocating for animal rights. Vegan Drinks’ mission is to bring together a diverse group of people—from cupcake aficionados to animal lawyers to vegans of all stripes in between—to build new coalitions and promote the sharing of resources.
• Meet upstairs at Bowie Feathers Bar (downtown) for drinks from 6-8 pm (or later).
• Food from Hello Day Café can be ordered from the bar. Hello Day won 8 categories in our first annual Best of Veg El Paso Awards.
• You are welcome to promote your organization or business and bring literature as long as it is related to vegan issues.
• For more info on the nationwide initiative, visit vegandrinks.org
• For more info on Vegan Drinks El Paso, contact Lisa Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org