Calendar of Events
Sunday, February 16, 2014: Feeding the Homeless
• Opportunity Center, 108 Myrtle Ave.
• Meet at 4 pm, start serving dinner at 5 pm
• To volunteer, call Tom Linney at 512-698-7377
Reservations for this event are now closed.
Saturday, February 22, 2014: Winter Dinner w/Guest Speaker
Greg Lawson @ Sunland Park Holiday Inn, 900 Sunland Park Dr.
Vegetarianism in the 21st century has become mainstream and no longer the fringe diet it was once thought to be. Greg will give his perspective on the state of the vegetarian movement and talk about some of the bizarre ways the meat and dairy industries have responded to the threat that vegetarianism represents to them.
• 6 pm meet and greet, eat at 6:30 pm
• Cost: $18 members & students w/ID; $20 nonmembers; $10 children under 12 years of age
Friday, February 28, 2014: VegAdventure
Critical Mass Bike Ride, Vegan Outreach, & Vegan Potluck Picnic
•Meet at 7:00 pm for a bicycle ride from 7:30-10:30 pm, picnic afterwards. 50 other riders of most riding abilities. Rides generally traverse 15 miles of city streets, with several stops.
• VegAdventure coordinator (not affiliated w/Critical Mass) will wear a green shirt & be near a large VegAdventure sign at Union Plaza, 117 Anthony St., El Paso, TX 79901.
• Please bring water, a bicycle in working condition, helmet, front & rear lights, a vegan preparation or item (like watermelon), enough for five people to try. To coordinate dishes or for more information, feel free to e-mail Mike at VegAdventure2@gmail.com.